Welcome

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Well-ness Journey... Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs (Day 13)

Assalamu Alaikum all my lovelies!


I just finished day 13!!!! I have officially finished 2 weeks!


Today, I had to do 2 cds... "Pure Cardio" and "Cardio Abs."
All I can say is..... ouch! Having to do two different workouts was really difficult. Pure Cardio was 40 minutes, and Cardio Abs was 15, so overall it was a 55 minute workout! But, I was able to push through.
Even my cat was trying to get into the cardio workouts, by laying down in front of me during my stretches and rolling around...... haha.


So there is this drink made by the program called Shakeology. One glass of Shakeology supposedly contains the same nutrional benefits that you would get from eating everything below in one sitting:


Exotic Fruit
Raw Broccoli
Red Radishes
Raw Onions
Raw Cauliflower
Peas
Raw Mushrooms
Romaine Lettuce
Raw Carrots
Wheatgrass
and Non Fat Yogurt


It's supposed to be a good recovery drink, but I can't afford it. So I went online, and did some research. Come to find out, not a lot of people actually use it because of the cost, so they substitute with.......CHOCOLATE MILK!!! So of course I'm ecstatic about this, and decide to give it a try myself, because my muscles are usually so sore the next day.


So yesterday after working out, I drank a glass of chocolate milk. This morning, I had little to NO PAIN in my muscles!!! So I'm hooked! My mom told me I could drink stuff like Ensure, but I was worried about the number of calories and sugar, so I think I'll stick with the chocolate milk for now.


Alright everyone, I'm off to drink my chocolate milk!
Take care! :)

1 comments:

Naomi Smith Rasheed said...

Yes my hubby told me about the chocolate milk too! Good job pushing through! I had a hard time today on my 10th day. I don't know if it's because I was up half the night. InshaAllah in a few more days I'll be doing this workout you blogged about!